DP port

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-21 22:33:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,
I have 3 of your systems. ( GTR 3750H )
All 3 are doing the same thing, I want to run 4 monitors.
2 x HDMI & 1 x Type C all working ok
1 x DP port I cannot get to work.
System Windows 10
Please what can I do next ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-12-22 16:50:26 | Show all posts
Is there no display when the DP port is directly connected to the monitor? Or did you use a video adapter?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-12-22 17:08:37 | Show all posts
No Video Adapter just a direct cable

DP to HDMI

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-23 17:14:30 | Show all posts
Remeber, that HDMI<->DisplayPort adapters and cables are one direction only. If you are using HDMI->DP cable and connect it other way round (DP on computer, HDMI on Monitor) it will just not work. It is not always clearly stated on the package nor cable/adapter itself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-17 11:57:08 | Show all posts
I also have a GTR 3750H and cannot use the display port. When booting up the there is video briefly, but just before entering Windows the screen goes black and it does not come back by any means. The issue is not the cable as the display works fine when I use the DP to HDMI cable on my laptop. So the DP connector goes to my laptop and the HDMI connector part of the cable to the monitor. The monitor in this case is a Samsung 4K TV. I have done the recommended update of AMD Radeon software including display drivers as well. The HDMI ports work fine with the Samsung 4K TV.
I do think it is either a driver issue on Windows not recognizing the display port or a BIOS/hardware issue with the GTR mini computer. Can Beelink state if any tests were done with the display port of these devices?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-17 12:43:55 | Show all posts
Here is another test I did. I unplugged all HDMI monitors and only left the monitor connected via the display port. I restarted the GTR 3750H and pressed F7 to enter boot options. Then I booted first into ArcoLinux from a live USB drive. I did get video output while in BIOS/EFI and after selecting the USB device as the boot device I could see a few lines of ArocLinux booting up and all of sudden the display goes black. I had to hook up one of my HDMI monitors connected to the HDMI port to get video on the HDMI monitor, At that point the display port video is lost entirely . No black screen anymore. Just no signal on the display. I did the same test with a Manjaro linux live USB boot image. The exact same thing happens. So it seems when BIOS needs to hand video control overt to the OS the GTR 3750H is not able to display the video anymore. With my laptop computer even when the laptop is already powered on I can hook up the monitor to the display port and it works fine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-19 01:19:42 | Show all posts
Had same problem on both a GTR and GTR PRO. You need an 'active' converter. There are timing differences between DP and HDMI that an active adapter corrects for. I purchased an active adapter from Amazon ($17 USD) and it works well.
Not sure where I made the post, under the GTR or GTR PRO forum but search on my username RWS and you should find the post that has the brand and model I purchased.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-20 04:17:13 | Show all posts
Edited by Ryzenfan at 2021-05-20 10:56

RWS, thanks for your feedback. I will search for your post. I am puzzled though if it is a timing issue, why does the same passive DP-HDMI cable work perfectly fine when I use it to connect the DP port of my laptop computer to the HDMI monitor. And I can connect it any time even when Windows has already booted up. It works fine every time. I will do some reading on the timing differences between DP and HDMI.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-23 16:01:54 | Show all posts
More info about active and passive you can find here:
https://nerdtechy.com/active-passive-displayport-difference
and in many other places.
FYI I use passive, correct cable and it works flawlessly for me, but it depends on your monitor as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-07-19 06:18:10 | Show all posts
I purchased a DP to HDMI adaptor from Amazon - "BENFEI Active DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 4K, Compatible with PC,Laptops, Desktop, Tablets, or DisplayPort docking stations, Supporting Eyefinity for Multi-screen Gaming" - and this works fine with 2 different screens (not at the same time, of course!).
A different DP to HDMI adaptor didn't work with either screen which is why I had to buy the one above.
All good now.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list