Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 4386|Reply: 3

Additional SSD problems

Close [Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-01 03:03:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone
I just tried to add a Samsung EVo 500 gb as additional drive to my U55. But right aftere that the pc won't boot anymore, freezing at the bee link logo.
I saw that i am not the only one with this problem.....but where is the solution ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-08 22:52:03 | Show all posts
Hello, the problem is a terrible bios and a  not usable inside cable without any rf shield. I  have the same problems. Only if i remove the ssd the system will run normal. If i made a restart and press del from the very first moment, i reach the bios with ssd inside. then you will see, the system do not recognized any ssd on the internal port only the m.2 is found at 2. sata port. Sometimes you can go to the boot settings and switch to the right boot device. after that, sometimes the system boots correctly but it never finds the ssd. I use my beelink with 2 os and if i start the install procedure, it founds also the ssd. Sometimes installation runs in errors, sometimes it runs to the end, but never was the ssd found from bios after that. Only a stoneaged 250GB HDD was found on startup but this one is to high for the place inside.  i think it is a combination of bad construction and bad bios. My own solution for now is a new M.2 SSD WD 1TB with Win 10 and OSX . And be aware, i updated my bios and now the fan runs always with 100% speed and the system is terrible loud
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-14 15:18:40 | Show all posts
By the way, beelink support is also a joke. There solution for the not working internal ssd connection is to use an external connection with usb 3.1 And they want to have a video for full blast fan with there terrible BIOS, a well known problem if someone at beelink reads there own support-forum. At the end, if we say in german it is a hand in the toilet to buy such a pc :-(

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-09-23 18:33:35 | Show all posts
Edited by jblack at 2021-09-23 18:40

Some news: i replaced the internal wire with a straight 12pin 0.5p wire. Now the U55 find a Intenso 128GB SSD and a Sandisk Ultra 240GB on boot/bios. My 500 GB 870evo is also with the new wire only found after boot at os-level. so the system runs now with a internal 1tb wd (NO NVME is supported!) an a sandisk 240 GB SSD
please reader be aware , if the system do not recognize a ssd it will not boot ! you must take them out of the u55 to boot again. But after boot you can hotplug the ssd to look if they will work poperly, but also when i format the ssd after hotplug next start same problems :-(

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list