View: 2923|Reply: 4

GT-R Sound Issues?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-04 00:12:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Donut at 2020-11-04 00:14

How has everyone's experience been with the Audio on the GT-R? I got the barebones version and installed 32 gigs of ram, a Samsung 960 Pro nVME and Western Digital SATA SSD. I inspected all of the pins from the connectors when I remove the bottom plate to see if I messed something up opening and closing it.
I installed the OS with the flash drive that came with the device.

I have been having some trouble with the audio jack on the back of the device.
When I plug in my speakers, there is a loud buzzing noise and I only get sound out of the left speaker.
I just tried with headphones, it sounds "okay" when the Windows volume is set to 20% or less. Anything above that gets very unstable/noisy. Balance is still heavy to the left channel.

The Realtek audio output on the front of the device works fine.

It seems to be the "Beelink audio by BrianFay" device. I don't know how to replace drivers for this device. There doesn't seem to be any information about what the hardware is behind the "Game-Hi-Fi Sound" besides that it uses an ESS 9018.

Does it work for everyone else? Any noise? Both channels work?
Does your device say "Beelink Audio by BrianFay" ?
Can you tell what type of drivers are installed?

GTR 3550H + 2x16 GB Crucial DDR4-2666 + Samsung 960Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 + WD Blue 1TB SATA M.2
GT-King

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-12 17:47:06 | Show all posts
I am still to order my Beelink GTR Pro and am deciding whether to get the barebones version or not.
It is good to know that the problem was with only the cable and not the device audio jack.
Great stuff!
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-08 05:43:24 | Show all posts
Edited by TLevendo at 2020-11-08 05:57

My device also says "Beelink Audio by BrianFay"

When I first started my evaluation, I experienced very similar issues with desktop speakers that you describe; however, the first set of headphones were clear and balanced and without scratchy-ness when changing the volume level.

I decided to try a second set of headphones and noticed that the size of the recess for the output on the back is pretty narrow in diameter AND deep, so I RETRIED my original desktop speakers but using the the narrowest-collared 3.5mm cord I could find AND ensuring the cable was fully seated.

VOILA, the same desktop speakers were clear, well-balanced, and without noise when changing the volume on the speakers (rather than through the O/S control panel).

The FRONT audio output would not be a problem because the recess is minimal - permitting the male connector to seat properly with ease.
NOTE: The sound through my monitor-based speakers through the HDMI connection had always worked just fine.
In my opinion, the sound drivers are likely NOT the problem since some sources (headphones, HDMI/monitor speakers) are as expected.

RECOMMENDATION:  Look carefully at the end that will plug into the REAR output and make sure it is as small in diameter as possible and make sure it is pushed all the way to seat fully.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-11-09 07:14:36 | Show all posts
Thanks, I'll find another cable and report back!
GTR 3550H + 2x16 GB Crucial DDR4-2666 + Samsung 960Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 + WD Blue 1TB SATA M.2
GT-King
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-11-12 04:10:14 | Show all posts
TLevendo replied at 2020-11-08 05:43
My device also says "Beelink Audio by BrianFay"

When I first started my evaluation, I experienced v ...

You got it.

I had a nice heavy cable that had a big rubber body near the connector. Replaced it with the cheapest cable (which is counter-intuitive for Hi Fi sound) I could find on Amazon and it fixed the problem.

Thank you for your help.
GT-King
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list