View: 2423|Reply: 3

U57, Intel Core i5, 8+512GB no power

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-10-15 22:54:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
Got the new U57 on Friday...everything great... installed Adobe Creative, Microsoft Office 365, Visual Studio, new external 2.5 HDD.  Wednesday night went on Amazon to write a positive review...monitor screen went blank...no signal.  U57 just dead, except for a low swishing noise like the SSD was being scanned.  Unit was cool.  Power light off.  Did all the usual things, checked cables, unplugged, attached different mouse, keyboard, etc.  
This morning, when push the power button, there is no light, but the low swishing sound can be heard.  The monitor turns on but no signal so I can't even get into bios.
Is this U57 toast after 5 days?  Or, should I open it up and see if that helps...or?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-10-16 09:45:18 | Show all posts
Please try to unplug the cmos battery to reset it, the following is the tutorial

https://beelink-my.sharepoint.co ... JlKUntaOeg?e=18tUO1
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-10-18 07:28:33 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2020-10-16 09:45
Please try to unplug the cmos battery to reset it, the following is the tutorial

https://beelink-my ...

Thanks for suggestion.  Alas, still only get a swishing sound when powered up via on/off switch on the power surge strip--the on/off on the mini PC does not work or light up.

Although discharging the CMOS battery is straightforward when following your description, and logically should have worked.  There were two differences... the battery was not yellow, rather coated with a thin film of black plastic and GLUED onto the board.  Very thick rubbery glue that not only affixed the battery to the white disk on the board, but seeped into surrounding circuitry.  Strings of tacky glue had to be plucked out to remove battery.  Some of glue was spread about 3mm from the battery disk.  The underside of the battery also tacky with glue.  After disconnecting in for several minutes, reinserted battery and stuck it tack-side down on the board and still no on/off light and same swishing sound.  Waited a while, and repeated the whole process and still no go.

It should be noted that the glue also was dripped over the black plastic top of the battery.  It's as if there was a glitch when this mini PC was being assembled and too much glue shot out when the battery was inserted.

Is it time to return this U57 to Amazon and get an exchange or?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-10-19 09:50:30 | Show all posts
zuriz replied at 2020-10-18 07:28
Thanks for suggestion.  Alas, still only get a swishing sound when powered up via on/off switch on ...

You can contact the seller and ask them to exchange the goods for you. You can send him a screenshot of our conversation. Your processing is not intentional damage, so they cannot use this as a reason for not providing you with service

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list