[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-09-03 04:06:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kamu at 2020-09-03 04:09

Hello

I bought a U57 unit but I´m going to return it, and these are thereasons why:

1- Thermal behaviour/ Fan Control: There two post about this in the forum, one of them from the "0-andy-0" user that explains very well about it and it seems that this issues does not happen with U55 model.

2- No audio coming from the audio heaphone jack. No much more need to say

3- Windows recovery. In a week woking with the pc I lost the windows license because not sure if the m.2 unit or windows copy went wrong so I have to format the unit and reinstall windows. I saw a windows recovery link in the U55 model forum, so why not do the same with this model?

4- Drivers. Just that. Is too complicate make a “suport” link for each model and leave there the drivers like other brands do?

Thank you for your time and maybe in the future I purchase for another product.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-09-03 13:42:33 | Show all posts
Points 1 and 2 are also my problems.
I am curious about the solution - repair instructions from the manufacturer Beelink.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-09-04 10:01:05 | Show all posts
Hi

1. The fan problem does exist, and the BIOS setting is temporarily unavailable, so there is no solution for the time being. The technician is planning to change it.

2. Have you selected earphones as your sound output? Are you using normal Apple standard earphones?

3. Do you need a Windows key?

4. We are already making an exclusive website for Beelink, and there will be a dedicated area to publish this information at that time

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-09-04 10:01:22 | Show all posts
IMS replied at 2020-09-03 13:42
Points 1 and 2 are also my problems.
I am curious about the solution - repair instructions from the  ...

1. The fan problem does exist, and the BIOS setting is temporarily unavailable, so there is no solution for the time being. The technician is planning to change it.

2. Have you selected earphones as your sound output? Are you using normal Apple standard earphones?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-09-21 15:56:32 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2020-09-04 10:01
Hi

1. The fan problem does exist, and the BIOS setting is temporarily unavailable, so there is no s ...

Same problems with Thermal behaviour/ Fan Control, do you have some news about solution? I regret having purchased this product.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-20 05:08:21 | Show all posts
I am with you, the U57 need improvement.

Problem #1 (thermal behavior/fan noise):
I have also have issue and IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP.
It's such a shame that this nice mini PC has such a noisy fan settings/thermal options set.
I posted a comment here: http://bee-link.com/forum.php/fo ... &fromuid=127253

Problem #2 (no sound from audio jack):
I can get get the sound working, but I need to select "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio" from the sound menu!
Because by default the sound is routed to my HDMI monitor.

Problem #3 (windows lost it's license)
Does not apply for me yet, so far the PC still works.

Problem #4 (all drivers at one location):
I totally agree, please setup an FTP server or website and but everything in nice folders.
Don't use those Megaupload links, no one has the time browsing the forums finding the links.
Please create simple and clean folders with everything in it, it will save everyone time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-11-22 16:27:18 | Show all posts
First, sorry for my bad English but I'am from Belgium.

No sound from audio jack : in linux , my speakers are working fine by audio jack. In not the case on Windows 10, Can you find the cause ? I can change all paremeters, nothing works .

in terminal linux, detection of the soud card :
cat /proc/asound/cards                                                   
0 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI
                      HDA Intel HDMI at 0xaa214000 irq 51
1 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH

For the fan noise, no problem in linux, but in Windows 10 ... it's not possible, the fan runs continuously. It's not fun .

Can you find a solution please

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-02-22 02:36:39 | Show all posts
Following... Really interested in a solution to Problem #1.

Problem #2 was easy solved for me by disabling that in Windows. Believe it or not, that is not Beelink's fault. It's a Windows thing that picks the HDMI audio out by default.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-02-23 07:43:14 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have sei and i feel that thermal issue is cause of windows utilising the cpu even on idle team at manjaro linux have been trying to compare and it have found that the fan is much silent on linux as it will not utilize much cpu under normal load.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-02-28 05:42:10 | Show all posts
Edited by PaoloCC at 2021-02-28 21:38

Really I do not feel the fan problem as my U57 is less noisy than my old Asus PC. Perhaps sometimes it is a bit noisier than my iMac, but I can compare them. Of course I have the U57 on my desk so the air can flaw.
As the audio jack is concerned I did not test it because I have a monitor with an audio jack on it, so I used this one. Perhaps it is normal to have a conflict of the type described using two similar devices.
I had a problem installing an internal HDD because I had a failed cable but substituted it the problem was fixed. Of course, if you want a silent PC do not mount an internal HDD because of the noise of the HDD itself and the increase of the internal temperature that will require a higher fan velocity.

Of course I agree that having a support site with software to download would be a consistent improvement.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list