View: 2757|Reply: 2

GT1 Mini, s/n S95x2 ARM Cortex -A53 and Pluto TV app no installing properly

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-05-26 11:38:32 | Show all posts |Read mode
I I have the GT1 mini s/n beginning with S95x2 32GB ROM running Android 8.1 115N0. I have had it since Jan 2019. It has performed flawlessly. I have no complaints except for the Lighthome Launcher and the following:
Question 1. I have not been able to completely install and run the Pluto TV app.   This has been an ongoing issue over the past few months and I am tired of it. I've downloaded and installed just about every iteration of the Pluto TV app but the same thing occurs. It does not even create an entry in the app drawer.  In Settings > apps & notifications it is listed, so it is partially installing. The only way it will launch if by using a shortcut maker app. But it does not create a shortcut. I need help guys. I am wore out. Each time I try, I try to not repeat what I have done previously on each install. I hope that someone on this forum can enlighten me andpoint me in the right direction
Question 2.  I wonder if upgrading to Android 9.0 will resolve my issue listed above?  Recently I found this website about  How to Install Stock Firmware on Beelink GT1 Mini TV Box [Android 8.1 / 9.0 Pie] . Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I would appreciate anyone's comments. And, yes I have seen Alvatech's post.

As a side note My wife lives about 150 miles away (we are separated).  She just got another Android TV box. This one is running Android 10. It's a HK1 Rbox. I don't know the specs of it yet.  I asked her to send me a picture of the box it came in to view the exact model. And, the same thing is happening to her on that box in that the Pluto TV app will not install correctly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-05-28 23:46:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Use Nova launcher and create the shortcut with nova shortcuts. Light home does not allow any shortcuts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-05-29 11:03:57 | Show all posts
JBakerky replied at 2020-05-28 23:46
Use Nova launcher and create the shortcut with nova shortcuts. Light home does not allow any shortcu ...

Thanks for your response JBakerky.

I'm already running Nova Launcher.  And you are correct regarding Lighthome Launcher which needs an update. Shortcut functionalty was introduced with API level 26. Lighthome targets API level 19 and version 4.4 Kitkat.

I'm going to reset the box and see if Pluto TV will install properly. Thanks for your help.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list