View: 2594|Reply: 3

X55 doesn’t boot BIOS (blank screen) after BIOS update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-26 23:34:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear all,

I just received my new X55 and intended to set it up fresh. I did a clean Windows 10 install, all working well. Then I updated the BIOS to V0.16 x64 as per a link in this forum. After the BIOS flash was completed, I exited with "q" as per instructions and entered "reset" to restart. But then I only got a blank screen.

I could not even power it off with the power button (long press gave me a short off/on flash but it stayed on). I pulled the plug, switched on again, blank screen, doesnt even start BIOS.

After researching in the forum, I open the bottom lid, unplugged the CMOS battery for some time, tried to "short" it by holding the screwdriver tip to the battery pins on the motherboard. I plugged the battery back in and started the PC again, nothing. Blank screen, no BIOS.

Does anyone has any ideas how to bring the X55 back from the dead? Did the "reset" command in the BIOS flasher kill it?

Thanks and cheers

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-04-28 11:59:09 | Show all posts
Hello,
You may falsh the wrong BIOS, because the BIOS released on the forum is not available on the new version of Gemini X, we have updated the motherboard, you can contact our after-sales email, we will try our best to solve this problem for you.
Email:beelinkservice@bee-link.com
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-04-28 12:30:43 | Show all posts
Hi,

thanks for the reply. The thread title just said "Gemini X update BIOS". And there was no indication that the BIOS update was not supposed to be applied to a X55. I can only recommend to make it clearer to what Gemini X exactly it can be applied or not.

Anyway, I contacted after-sales. Fingers crossed that they have an idea. I am surprised that disconnecting the CMOS battery did not work. Usually that should bring the BIOS back to the original state?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-04-29 15:00:39 | Show all posts
Tokei3776 replied at 2020-04-28 12:30
Hi,

thanks for the reply. The thread title just said "Gemini X update BIOS". And there was no indic ...

Hello,Disconnecting the CMOS battery is generally used to restore the BIOS settings, but it is impossible to restore the BIOS that was re-burned

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list