View: 16253|Reply: 12

EmuELEC system installation tutorial

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-12-25 17:53:51 | Show all posts |Read mode

This tutorial is applicable to all TV boxes in Beelink. Here we take GT-King Pro as an example.
图片1.png

A. preparation
1.GT-King Pro TV Box
图片2.png

2. SD card included with GT-King Pro (you can also buy Class 10 high-speed SD card yourself)

3.Gamepad
In this article, a USB wired controller is used as a game controller, and a 2.4G wireless controller can also be used as a controller. The Bluetooth controller can support most models, but there are some models that do not support it. Please test it yourself.

Currently the latest version of EmuELEC is 3.2, the image file name is EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-3.2-Generic.img.gz, and the file size is 391MB.
图片3.png

5. Classic Game ROM File
Make a list of the classic games you want to play, find the corresponding ROM file (usually a zip package), download it and prepare it according to the folder classification. Because it involves copyright, please search online and solve it yourself.

6. Firmware (mirror) writing tool Rufus (https://rufus.ie/)
图片4.png

B.EmuELEC installation process
1. Write the downloaded EmuELEC system image to the SD card.
Run the downloaded burning tool, select the SD card you need to burn and download the system image file.
图片5.png
图片6.png

2. After burning is complete, open the SD / TF card. Go into the device_tress folder.
图片7.png

3. Find and copy the DTB file corresponding to the device to the SD card root directory.
图片8.png

4. Rename the file copied to the SD card root directory to dtb.img
图片9.png

5. Insert the SD card into the device, and then connect the power cord to turn on the device. The default boot is the EmuELEC system. When the SD / TF card is not inserted, the Android system is started by default. You can press and hold the shutdown button of the remote control, select the System switch option and confirm, and it will restart to enter the EmuELEC system. (If it does not boot to the EmuELEC system: unplug the power cord, then long press the reset hole and connect the power cord. Until booting to the EmuELEC system.)
图片10.png

C. Emulation Station (RS) initial settings
图片11.png
When you see the interface above, it means that EmuELEC has been installed and successfully entered the ES front-end interface. Please connect the gamepad and press and hold any key to enter the key position setting.

微信截图_20191225180314.png
Press and hold any key for 3 seconds to ignore the binding of the current key position. Finally, there will be an additional HOTKEY, which can be bound to the SHOULDER or THUMB keys that are not commonly used. It is convenient to press HOTKEY + START to exit the simulator when the simulator cannot control it, After the key binding is completed, you will enter the ES main interface.

微信截图_20191225180447.png
Then we enter the RA and set the handle button again. Press the START button on the handle to open the ES main menu. Pull down to the last and select QUIT. Select REBOOT FROM NAND to switch to the Android AOSP system.
图片5.png

Or join the EmuELEC group: https://discordapp.com/invite/QqGYBzG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-31 23:35:32 | Show all posts
i try it but cannot work when boot...why?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-01-01 08:49:17 | Show all posts
udien replied at 2019-12-31 23:35
i try it but cannot work when boot...why?

You might have the wrong dtb.img then. Try another one see.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-01-02 00:16:12 | Show all posts
JayceOoi...... EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-3.2-Generic....this img i use..right?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-01-28 08:35:46 | Show all posts
I've tried as well. Multiple versions of EmuELEC, the dta.img file, and cards but all of them fail saying they cant mount the disk.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-02-11 21:59:18 | Show all posts
Hello,
The remote that comes with the GT-King does not function with EmuELEC at all,
So I cannot turn on the box without disconnecting and reconnecting the Power.

Please explain how to Fix that so we can at least turn the box on from the controller!

Also in the tutorial you show the correct file for the GT-King Pro and the GT1 it would be nice
to know which file is needed for the regular GT-King? I can only assume its the same one as the Pro
A little more info will actually help the people buying your Boxes

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-03-04 11:46:11 | Show all posts
Rico replied at 2020-02-11 21:59
Hello,
The remote that comes with the GT-King does not function with EmuELEC at all,
So I cannot tur ...

Hi,EmuELEC can only be operated by the gamepad, GT-King Pro can use the same dtb file

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-09 02:59:20 | Show all posts
Hi - I am really struggling with getting EmuELEC running on my GT1 Ultimate.
I am have tried versions 3.2 and 3.4 but can't seem to get the correct database and I have tired several.

Can you help me @beelink ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-03-09 17:35:24 | Show all posts
badadd replied at 2020-03-09 02:59
Hi - I am really struggling with getting EmuELEC running on my GT1 Ultimate.
I am have tried version ...

Hi,
The tutorials on this page apply to GT-King and GT-King Pro. If your machine is the GT1 Ultimate, please use the IMG file in the circle in the picture. Name the img file with ng for 922x chip, without ng The IMG file, is suitable for chips such as S912 and S905x2.
EmuELEC.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-10 03:35:40 | Show all posts
beelink replied at 2020-03-09 17:35
Hi,
The tutorials on this page apply to GT-King and GT-King Pro. If your machine is the GT1 Ult ...

Hi beelink. That is the file I have been trying to use, but I can't seem to get the correct dtb file. Can you advise which one to use please?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list