View: 2616|Reply: 4

X55 - how to maintain HDMI on

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-11-10 01:28:39 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, I have a strange problem. I need sometimes to switch my HDMI monitor off and leave the X55 on. Problem is that when I turn back on the monitor, the panel is all black even if the monitor detect the hdmi signal and the X55 is regularly working.
I have already tried to disable all the screen savers, and also disabled all the power savings options.
Is there any setting I can check to have the X55 maintain the HDMI output even when the monitor is off?
My monitor is CEC enabled, but I have disabled everything in the monitor settings since it seems CEC it is not working with X55

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-11-18 00:43:22 | Show all posts
not sure if this helps but my tv seems to do a similar thing...
my work around is to change source on tv (from PCX55 to xbox or sat dish)...then switch the tv off
Then when I want to use the pc again (its still on... of course) I just change the source back to PCX55 and then tap the mouse pad a couple of times to get the screen displaying again
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-11-27 19:55:50 | Show all posts
Hi, thanks for your reply. unfortunately this is not working for me :(

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-12-14 00:12:54 | Show all posts
I have a similar problem which I expect is caused by HDCP.   I am connected to a LGTV via a Yamaha tuner using HDMI cable.  I am trying to run ITunes and when I turn the monitor off the audio is interrupted and ITunes freezes.  This computer replaces a defunct Mac Mini running Windows 7 which didn't have this problem.

I tried a dummy HDMI plug (display emulator) used for headless computers in the second HDMI port hoping this would fix the issues.  But this blanked out the video.

I ended up connecting my Yamaha via blutooth to use Itunes.  This is OK for me, but it would nice to avoid the HDCP problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-16 16:24:31 | Show all posts
I have tried almost everything but the only thing that seems working is to unplug the hdmi cable and then plug it again, but it is very annoying and I fear it can damage the connector.
anyone knows if there is a bios setting to avoid this?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list