Beelink GT-King - Review

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-26 05:55:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Beelink GT-King 4K Android TV Box Review

Greetings!

First, thanks to Beelink for providing me this GT-King!!

After a few weeks of testing this awesome TV Box I must say it is the most powerful box I have tried so far without a doubt!

I really love the design of the box and the animation boot logo of the skull too :)Everything is always smooth and fast on this box, here are the specs of this powerful machine :

Main Features
● Android 9.0 operation system
● Amlogic S922X, quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 and dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor
● 4GB LPDDR4, support high-definition video display smoothly
● 64GB storage allows for massive software download
● Support 2.4G voice remote control
● Support 4K 60fps
● 2.4GHz + 5.8GHz, dual WiFi antenna design, stronger WiFi signal and transfer speed
● LAN 1000Mbps
● 2 x USB3.0 interface

Beelink-GT_King.png

specs.jpg

The Amlogic S922X CPU is the latest processor for ARM-based hardware SoC for Android TV boxes.

My GT-King Package opening (Thanks Beelink!! :)) :

Package content:

Really cool looking skull logo, I love it !!

Box size compared to my 2.5" HDD, it is really slim and nice design :D:

The controller comes with a slim USB dongle so you don't have to config anything to make it work out of the box after putting in the batteries of course :) :

Time to test that beauty, I really like the illuminated skull logo  :

Nice animated boot logo too :)

First setup :

Timezone config :

Now the wi-fi part, there was something odd... my Wi-Fi AP appeared 3 times for unknown reasons.. But it worked anyway when I chose the first one in the list :

Here is the launcher, it is the default usual Beelink launcher which can be customized or changed as needed :

Here is a screenshot of the base apps installed by default on the tv box :

DRM details, using the DRM Info app already installed (Sadly Netflix is not working in 1080p for me... but it's fine I use Kodi mostly and it works perfectly) :

Speedtest is not bad using Wifi 5Ghz :

Ram Truth 4Gb :

Root verification :

AnTUTU Benchmark test gave it a score of 108708 which is one of the highest scores for an Android TV box so far in 2019 :

Antutu.jpg

Overall I am really satisfied with the GT-King, it is fast, responsive, good performance in everything, I can play 4k movies and videos encoded in x265 using Kodi without any issues! What more do you need? :) I am also using this device as a seedbox at the same time and it works pretty fine!

The Beelink GT-King 4K Android TV Box has got everything from exceptional design to high-performance hardware.
With several add-ons, it is not just a digital box; but a true companion that can look after your several entertainment needs.

I might update this review with some other testing that I will do over time, hope this helps you decide on a TV Box :) !

PackageContent.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-09-21 08:17:06 | Show all posts
I just updated the firmware on both boxes which required and update from 902 to 903 to 905.  The firmware updates were done via the wireless update method which takes a long time to downlod and install the updates.  Beelink should make an effort to inform users that the update can take a lot longer due to the file size and installation.  Initially, I didn't know if it was actually doing anything since the progress indicator didn't budge and I kept watching it change from pause to resume several times before there was any movement from no movement to 1 on the indicator.  Its a recipe for issues leading to bricking the box as I found it frustrating to being exasperating with no indication as to what was going on.  With larger files, there should be more to indicate some form of progress.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-09-23 20:47:26 | Show all posts
Can you tell me if it is upgrade firmware destroy some of program , which you have instaled before you made firmware upgrade ?  Please for answer !

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-09-26 02:09:01 | Show all posts
intrepixx replied at 2019-09-21 08:17
I just updated the firmware on both boxes which required and update from 902 to 903 to 905.  The fir ...

I agree, that's why I usually upgrade manually using USB method, faster and safer :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-09-26 02:10:07 | Show all posts
Mat007 replied at 2019-09-23 20:47
Can you tell me if it is upgrade firmware destroy some of program , which you have instaled before y ...

I never tried OTA updates so I cant tell.. normally it should be safe but I cannot confirm since I always update manually using USB method

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-10-09 08:47:45 | Show all posts
I did the OTA update and it worked fine.  I hear you. not much to see, so better to walk away and come back later so you won't be nervous.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |Upload

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list