Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 2204|Reply: 3

Thinking of buying one

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-22 09:59:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hey All

Been thinking of buying a GTmini-A

Is it netflix certified ? Is there a chance netflix will block this device like it has with lots of others like the mecool m8s pro l.

Does OTA update work for firmware? Can i just use the update app to auto download the update from the servers or does it need to be downloaded manually onto SD card and updated manually.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-22 17:33:43 | Show all posts
This box have Widevine DRM which is required to play Netflix in 4K. It works. Same as YouTube. To update your firmware you will have to use SD method or USB. Dunno how frequently updates are released, because I have this box only for two months. Also, I don't think that there will be any issues in the future with Netflix. ROM is pretty nice. Like stock Android TV. The only thing I'm missing is chromecast support.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-27 19:50:33 | Show all posts
No OTA upgrades, after a few months, I never saw any upgrade package when selecting upgrade from the box itself, it says it's up to date, even if there is an more recent version available from the website.
If you manage to download the FW from the webesite, you can upgrade using a USB cable, not the most user friendly  way to upgrade I have to say.

No security upgrade released either.

Chromecast not working so probably not Google certified.

Netflix 4K OK for now but for how long ?

Problem if you want to use the cabled network connection (RJ45), you will need to reboot the box each time it will go to sleep.

Summary: Good HW but not the best FW, you should probbaly spend more and buy something serious.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-28 08:16:53 | Show all posts
I agree with fabiamcrg that this box has very fascinating hardware but software hasn't optimised for them.
They don't seem like releasing updates very often. So better try MI Box if you want all the software licence like Netflix 4K and others.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list