View: 2008|Reply: 4

Playback issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-07-10 13:50:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Jhona at 2019-07-14 08:52

My tv box arrived today (Gt mini- a 64gb ROM - 4gb RAM), but I am having several issues apparentely after I plug in an external hard drive. I have two external HDD, one of them is new. I have never experienced issues with any of them on any other device, and I also checked them looking for errors, but they are both perfect. When I connect any of these HDD, the remote gets unresponsive sometimes; I am not able to play 4k videos because after some seconds it gets freeze, and sometimes the box does not work and I need to disconect if from the power cable. Sometimes the sounds goes completely off, even the system sounds. I even copied a 4K movie to the internal storage, but the problem is still there.
I made a factory reset, didn't work, the issues remain
I updated the firmware to the latest one, didn't work, the issues remain

What else can I do?

Update:

After some tests, I noticed that the issues is not related to the external HHD, even if copy the videos to the internal storage, it didn't work.

Also, I am not able to connect any device via bluetooth

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-07-11 16:14:34 | Show all posts
What is the capacity of the external hard drive you plugged in? The cause of this problem may be that the power supply of the box is insufficient, and it is unable to supply enough current to the external hard disk. Is this still the problem after removing the external hard disk?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-07-11 23:40:07 | Show all posts
It is a 4TB external HDD, but I also tried it with a 1TB hard drive and even a 64 GB SD card getting the same results. After more tests, I noticed that the problem is not the external disk. Even if I copy the files to the internal storage the problem, which is either the box gets completely unresponsive or the sound goes off no matter if you try to play a video from Netflix Youtube or whatever. Actually if you try to play a youtube video, I don't know why the video plays like 2x faster. So  in order to get the box "working" again, you need to restart. It seems that the device is having problems playing some video codecs like H.265 HEVC video encoded at 8 -10 bits (and who knows what else) even at 1080p.

Basically it is only able to play a few "light" videos and even then sometimes I have experienced a laggy playback

Also, last night I noticed that I am able to play just a few titles in Netflix. 80% of the movies or shows that I tried to play gave me an error message. Is someone else experiencing this issue?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-07-12 18:39:18 | Show all posts
Jhona replied at 2019-07-11 23:40
It is a 4TB external HDD, but I also tried it with a 1TB hard drive and even a 64 GB SD card getting ...

You can try to manually update our firmware first.
http://www.bee-link.com/forum.ph ... &extra=page%3D1

If the problem persists after the update, please contact the seller to return.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-07-12 23:06:43 | Show all posts
Yes, I already successfully updated the box, but it didn't work, the problem persists, so I guess the device is faulty and I can ask for a replacement. Thank you

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list