View: 9428|Reply: 8

Internal SATA problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-05-11 18:00:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
I brought a new Beelink U55 PC and configured it.
Now I want to add a secondary, formatted sata ssd.
When this secondary hard disk is connected, the PC doesn't start anymore.
It remains on Beelink logo and I can't access the bios.

Do you have any idea on how to solve the problem?
Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-09 03:20:28 | Show all posts
I experienced a somewhat similar issue.  I have the Beelink U57, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB internal boot drive with windows 10 preinstalled.  I installed a SanDisk 2TB internal SATA 2.5inch SSD.  AFter I installed the drive, the system would not boot, only hang with a spinning circle.  I had thought the new data drive was bad but I found a relatively painless fix.  Your issue may have a different cause than mine but this is how I fixed it:

First, remove any USB or MicroSD drives that you may have connected.  Boot to the bios (Del key).  For me, drive 0 was the data drive, drive 1 the boot drive.  Disable the data drive in the bios.  Save the changes.  After a short time the system should boot.  It will likely first go through self diagnostics to fix errors.  Once booted, make sure you can access the boot drive to be sure no hardware issues with it.  Properly shut down the PC.  Reboot into the bios.  Enable the data drive you disabled above.  Save the changes.  Now, the most difficult part, just walk away.  Let the machine process for about 10-15 minutes.  The circle will keep spinning as before.  Don’t touch it.  Hopefully, after that time when you return you should see the system booted.  Check to be sure boot drive functions as before.  If you do not see the data drive you may need to run “Partition” on the data drive, NOT the boot drive.  (Many youtube videos on that.  Very easy.  Low risk.)  Do a test write to the data drive and be sure OK.  Properly shut down.  The system should reboot with both drives visible and working.  Done.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-05-11 19:17:55 | Show all posts
UPDATE: if I connect a different SSD, it works well. The problem is on Samsung EVO ssd. How to solve? :curse:
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-05-12 05:37:07 | Show all posts
Ok now the video signal stopped working, too. This is only a bog PC. I will return it back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-05-14 09:33:11 | Show all posts
spaggio80 replied at 2019-05-12 05:37
Ok now the video signal stopped working, too. This is only a bog PC. I will return it back.

Hello
Are you connected to the ssd of the internal SATA cable? How much memory does this SSD have? If the memory is too large, it is not supported. If the voltage is insufficient, the machine will not start properly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-05-18 21:43:29 | Show all posts
Yes, when I connect a Samsung EVO 860 250GB on the SATA internal interface (as secondary hard disk for data), the PC freezes on Beelink logo and I can't access the bios. No problem with an Intel 80GB SSD. I suspect there are alimentation problems on this PC. I have already packed it for the refund.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-05-20 18:38:42 | Show all posts
spaggio80 replied at 2019-05-18 21:43
Yes, when I connect a Samsung EVO 860 250GB on the SATA internal interface (as secondary hard disk f ...

Sorry, we will do better, I wish you a happy life!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-30 22:32:23 | Show all posts
I have purchased around 50 BeeLink computers, and to date, 3 of them have had a hard drive failure within the first 3 weeks.  Attempt to boot the computer goes straight to the BIOS and no hard drive is detected.  On a positive note, they have been good about replacing them, but it is beginning to make me reconsider these devices as an option for our business.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-15 19:14:18 | Show all posts
Hello friends, I bought a used U57, it came without ram and ssd m2 2280 nvme. Turns on and off without image.
I installed dr3l 1.35v 1600., but without image hdmi1 or hdmi 2., when I turn on the start fan, but on the second it turns off.
where to download bios and reinstall bios. Anyone have an idea, including where to buy the cable for ssd;., FPC HDD cable sata-12p

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list