Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 5419|Reply: 4

BeeLink SII boots to setup BIOS only, after updates

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-01-23 02:47:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by kvitaris at 2019-01-23 06:32

I installed a licensed version of Windows 10 pro over the preloaded Windows Home.  I then installed a licensed version of Office 2016.  Ran updates and rebooted.  Now it does not boot to operating system. It will only boot to BIOS.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2019-01-23 09:22:40 | Show all posts
hi friend
Please try to restore the BIOS to the default settings when you enter the BIOS interface, press F4 to save the settings. If there is no effect, please press F7 to enter the boot menu option when booting the Beelink LOG to see if your system is detected. In this case, your hard drive may not be detected or the system is lost.

best regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-03-07 02:03:55 | Show all posts
Hi, Sorry I'm responding to my own ticket so late.  I work in IT and had moved this beelink aside for awhile.  Then I could not logon for the longest time but finally here I am.  I did as you said and default BIOS had no affect.  When I do a F7 the boot menu shows no drives at all.  What finally worked was a reset of the CMOS Battery.  This worked.  But only temporarily.  Again I was running Windows Updates and it blue screened and rebooted into BIOS.  Stuck in BIOS again with no drives detected as before.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-02-26 21:32:04 | Show all posts
Hi,
I have the same issue on my SII N4100. I have done several actions as described below:
- Reset CMOS battery: done 3 times. The first time, it has worked. After I had no effect.
- Restore BIOS factory default. Same situation. Done several times, worked once.
- also went through windows repair options: unsinstall last windows update or try to repair. None has worked. And with no reason sometimes it works after many reboots without any logic.
- Have also done a fresh install of Win 10 on a new M2 disk. No improvement. Same issue.
- Note also that each time I hit F7 and boot from a  windows bootable USB key, windows starts and install process runs.

It is really annoying as I cannot switch off or reboot my SII.
Please, update us on how to solve this issue.

Wandering if switching to Linux could solve it?

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-15 18:26:00 | Show all posts
Hi again,
I have identified why I have this issue. It is due to the new format of Intel video drivers: DCH.
After reinstalling the latest version before DCH, no mre issue when booting the SII.
See U

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list