N50 - no WI-FI connection (no network device) available

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-21 03:38:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by AlexeySoev at 2018-12-21 07:11

Hello,

A couple of days ago I received a new N50 box and when I turned it on the first time and made first settings through the wizard I was not asked about Wi-Fi network/password. Then when the initial setup process of the system was finished I also did not find any options to connect to Wi-Fi network.

I tried to solve the issue in the control panel, but it seems that the computer has no Wi-Fi adapter on the board, at least I don't see any possibilites to enable it.

Please see screenshots below:

Network center:

no wifi option.PNG

Network devices available in the system:

no wireless network device.PNG

In the list of the all system devices I even don't see any "Other devices" which often could be "lost" devices  with no proper drivers. So I think it's not a software issue but I'm afraid it's a hardware issue.

I'm also attaching the list of network connections generated by the system ("network status"):
network status.pdf (113.92 KB, Downloads: 276)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-21 04:26:18 | Show all posts
I'm in the same situation with a Gemini X45 Premium.

:(:(:(
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2018-12-22 10:54:21 | Show all posts
hi  friend
1, my computer - right - management - device manager - network adapter, see if the driver of the wireless network card is installed correctly, can not identify the wireless network;
2, bios settings inside check whether the wireless network card is turned on: enter the BIOS, under the Advanced item or Configuration item has a wireless network card open and close options,
Wireless network under BIOS
There are four ways to describe the card options: Wireless; WirelessLAN; Wireless LAN Support; WLANDevice

best regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-12-26 18:01:31 | Show all posts
Hello Beelink,

1. At the Device Manager in Windows there were no any wireless network adapters (see my second screenshot at the original post) so I was not able to update drivers.

2. In BIOS, a went thought every page and option (including Advanced page) but didn't found any option or settings that can be referred to wireless card. As result, I didn't change anything and did exit with no save.

BUT, as result, after restarting I see that wireless connection is available! I checked network devices in the Device Manager and now I can see there Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. So the problem is solved. But again, actually I have not done any configuration changes, just entered BIOS and quit with no save. Looks strange, but works. Will it last forever? )

Thank you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list