View: 2728|Reply: 4

Dead hard Drive. Beelink refused Warranty repairs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 04:51:48 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hay everyone having trouble with an mSATA internal SSD that dies when Windows 10 does an update.  Beelink is now REFUSING WARRANTY repairs for their NEW units with this problem.  Drive Beelink sales through the floor. Complain on every internet site that you can like You Tube . Tell your story and warn other people NOT to BUY Beelink . Drive Beelink sales through the floor . Maybe that will get Beelink's attention before customer bankrupt them with poor sales.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 10:25:05 | Show all posts
Hello
The mSATA hard drive is damaged due to the Microsoft patch update. Our hardware is not a problem. It is recommended to replace mSATA or go to Microsoft for a complaint.

best regards
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 18:50:14 | Show all posts
Edited by DEHiCKA at 2018-11-20 19:52

beelink What update are you reffering to? Please provide a concrete number.
Otherwise I call this a BS.
I cannot find any info on recent MS updates that cause a permanent damage to the SSD.

If you are referring to SSD death coused by power saving (HIPM/DIPM) then it is not Miscrosoft fault, but specific SSD MSATA chipsets issue.
Here is the article on data recovery from SSDs with the same Silicon Motion SM2246XT controller as in X55 SSD:
https://blog.acelaboratory.com/p ... ion-sm-utility.html

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-20 22:36:17 | Show all posts
Edited by DEHiCKA at 2018-11-20 22:39

What patch are you referring to?I did not find any recent info on patches killing SSD.

Here is the article on data repair from SSD with the same Silicon Motion controller:
https://blog.acelaboratory.com/p ... ion-sm-utility.html

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-21 05:41:58 | Show all posts
I spent 10 years as a On Site and Running around town Computer Service Technician. You are lying.  I have a Warranty Issue within the first day of ownership.  I want my money REFUNDED.   Besides Software does not Damage Hardware unless the Hardware was already substandard or DEFECTIVE.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list