Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 6506|Reply: 7

M1 Stuck On Bios

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-15 21:44:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

My M1 Beelink is stuck on the bios screen. Please see the attached picture.
The machine sits on this screen for about 30 minutes to an hour and finally boots to a device or boot menu.
When the machine is restarted, it takes another 30 minutes to an hour to finally get back to the OS or boot menu.
Is there a way to update or reload the bios on this M1 machine?
Current bios is AB1 0.17

Any help is appreciated..

BeeLink Stuck on bios

BeeLink Stuck on bios

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-16 09:41:19 | Show all posts
Hi-I'm not official Beelink support but did you try the pinhole reset method to get back to factory settings?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-16 22:20:58 | Show all posts
Yes, I have tried pushing in the reset button. I have also reset the CMOS battery. Sadly, No luck from either

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-17 09:04:38 | Show all posts
Edited by BobSmith8768 at 2018-11-17 13:55

Hi- I'm wondering if there was some event that led to your M1 doing this? Did your machine act normally for a while, days, weeks, months before this happened? I wonder if there might have been some power surge or static electricity hit? It's interesting that you said that if you wait 30-60 minutes it boots to a device or boot menu or if restarted it eventually goes to the OS or boot menu. It's possible that it's a malfunctioning boot loader that isn't moving from the BIOS screen into the operating system in the proper time. I wonder if the boot loader is messed up. It would certainly make sense that a factory reset should solve this. When you do the pinhole reset, is the machine acting like it's successfully resetting or just the same behavior? Can you try holding the paper clip or what ever for say 10-20 seconds and see if it properly resets? When booting up, did you ever try to hit delete over and over to get into the BIOS?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-27 04:07:50 | Show all posts
Hello guys,
Sorry for the delayed response but I have finally resolved my problem with the help from Beelink...

RESOLUTION: Re-install Official OS(Windows 10)
NOTE. I have attached instructions to this post on how to re-install OEM OS.

PROBLEM: I installed a linux distro instead of Windows 10 and after rebooting a few times, the computer did not know what to boot to. The computer would basically try every boot option until all were exhausted and I would finally get to a boto menu or EFI shell.
I beleive it was looking for UEFI to boot from. Even after changing UEFI to Legacy in the BIOs Setup. It seems like the default boot mode is UEFI no matter if you switch it to Legacy or turned Secure Boot on or off.

I hope this can help others save some time.. took me about a week to figure this out.
Thank you guys for all of your help, much appreciated.

M11803System.zip

9.88 KB, Downloads: 495

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-04 12:06:05 | Show all posts
Stoopid question:  How did you get it to boot onto Ubuntu?  I'm trying to run Ubuntu Server 18.04 on it but I can't seem to use "F7" to get to a boot selection.  It just bypasses everything to Windows.

Used Rufus to create a bootable USB stick for Ubuntu.  Any suggestions?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-12-22 23:03:44 | Show all posts
Edited by evgrus at 2018-12-22 23:08
anonymousone replied at 2018-11-16 22:20
Yes, I have tried pushing in the reset button. I have also reset the CMOS battery. Sadly, No luck fr ...

Hello.
How did you reset the CMOS battery? I have opened the case but didn't reveal any CMOS battery.
Where is it?
Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 2021-12-19 09:15:14 | Show all posts
The battery is wrapped in shrinkwrap and connected to the motherboard with via twisted pair and a simple two-pronged plug.  You can just unplug it, wait a few seconds, and then reconnect.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list