View: 2914|Reply: 4

X55 Nothing but a migrane

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-12 04:52:32 | Show all posts |Read mode
Updated the bios, done a clean install of windows 10 pro (as I need to use some of its features) tried several installs & I'm

unable to get sound from HDMI as unable to install the graphics driver as weirdly my processor type is unsupported, same
end result using older driver versions.

Tried flashing the bios again with a fresh bios file, still same result. Only got the X55
two days ago & so far it's been nothing but a time wasting migrane.

Sound from HDMI worked before bios update so my theory is the BIOS update is buggy,
is there a link to the previous bios the one that gave sound even though it severly limited performance
but allowed me to install working drivers?

Would it be possible for Beelink to have actual file links to download? Like other companies do.

Seperate files for each driver type. Those mega links are nasty, they time out, you have to wait a
day to finish it off as it limits downloads & bandwidth. Its totally unprofessional. You could even
torrent the large operating system files if you're bothered about bandwith costs.

Please note I purchased the x55 from Amazon so if its not
resolved soon the x55 will be going back for a refund.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-12 10:37:29 | Show all posts
Go to the Intel support page(s) and search/look for "win64_24.20.100.6286.exe".  It's a later set of drivers for the Intel graphics chip that come with the X55 and is self-installing.  It's 364MBytes and a direct download from Intel.

Hope this helps.

-DB
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-12 16:34:23 | Show all posts
Edited by Crashed at 2018-11-12 18:30

Tried that as I mentioned in the post above I get the dreaded unsupported processor type error.

Beelink are you going to make the ORIGINAL BIOS available or shall I box this half working
mini PC up & ship it back to Amazon and purchase one from another company like Gigabyte ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-11-14 11:07:29 | Show all posts
Crashed replied at 2018-11-12 16:34
Tried that as I mentioned in the post above I get the dreaded unsupported processor type error.

Bee ...

I have similar problem but solved, I bought X45 Preimum, the audio is fine in original win 10 home. I updated the BIOS, the audio is still working through HDMI. I backup the drivers by DSIM++, then install win 10 pro from bootable USB. After clean win 10 pro install, many drivers are missing and audio is not working of course, but the audio is still not working even I restore the previously backup drivers...(at that time I didn't realize there is official drivers pack provided by beelink)... I download an universal win 10 64bit driver pack somewhere and it automatically detect the display and audio drivers and the audio works again after the driver installation.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-11-15 04:20:55 | Show all posts
Only way I get HDMI audio (graphics driver installed) is with using the original windows 10 home, which is highly disappointing. Almost as disappointing as getting no response from an email sent to Beelink support!

I'm guessing I could slipstream the driver into a windows 10 pro usb install & that might work but as its
not working the other ways & I shouldn't have to waste efforts just to get basic audio out of HDMI i'll
not bother trying. I'm about to package the x55 & return to Amazon for a refund.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list