View: 4185|Reply: 5

Intel Graphics Driver UHD 605 Windows 10

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-26 00:09:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
I (foolishly) used the intel driver update assistant...

It still works fine but when I right click on my desktop I no longer find an option for Intel Graphics ... which I did when the machine was new...

Can someone tell me what version of the driver the X55 comes with and whether any of the later drivers (available from the Intel site below) include the Intel Graphics display setting options etc?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com ... el-UHD-Graphics-605

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-26 15:31:28 | Show all posts
I used this version: win64_24.20.100.6286.exe.  It worked properly with the Win10 that shipped on my X55 and now with Win10 Enterprise LTSB.  The Intel Graphics option was/is present when I right-click the mouse on the desktop.  I'm using the X55 as a seedbox for Linux torrents right now, so high performance graphics isn't needed.  

I plan to try and attach the X55 to the TV in the living room and see if I can watch my old black & white monster/horror movies through it.  The movies are stored on a USB3 external hard drive and most are compressed with h265 and h265 codecs.

-DB
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-10-27 12:07:35 | Show all posts
Thanks - I tried re installing the older driver but it didn't make any difference...

Did you get your driver from the intel site or somewhere else ?

I reinstalled the newest driver and noticed that as it finishes the install- it deletes the igfmex file etc ... which controls the appearance of the Intel Graphics control panel I believe.

So it may just be that - I don't seem to need it like I did before as it adjust the size of the screen to fit my tv by itself now :)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-10-27 14:56:02 | Show all posts
Bebe replied at 2018-10-27 12:07
Thanks - I tried re installing the older driver but it didn't make any difference...

Did you get yo ...

Yes, I downloaded the driver from Intel's site.  Glad your system is now working as you want it to, even if all the bits-and-pieces aren't aren't showing up in the right-click menu.

-DB

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-02-08 17:28:48 | Show all posts
DarthBubba replied at 2018-10-26 15:31
I used this version: win64_24.20.100.6286.exe.  It worked properly with the Win10 that shipped on my ...

I upgraded to W10 pro … installed the driver again and I've got the intel control panel back again!

It might not have worked before because when I checked the service that fires it off there was a flag unticked - Interact with Desktop...

But whatever - it's back again now - do I take a chance and update the driver again :D

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2019-05-12 17:17:58 | Show all posts
Edited by Poor_Username at 2019-05-14 17:34

I am having the same problem.

Supposedly Intel is being forced by Microsoft to split the Graphic Driver and the Control Panel into 2 downloads, The control panel can only be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

There is two downloads "Graphics Control Panel" and "Graphic Command Center", As far as i know the Command Center is the one to download but these are supposedly beta and buggy it`s a right mess at the moment, You have to match your Windows 10 version to certain downloads.

Best to stick with the driver that came with the x45 or the last version that included the control panel.

I am no expert and am trying to find my way myself.

EDIT: Supposedly you can download the Intel Command Center from here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... pivot%3Aoverviewtab

John.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list