View: 7006|Reply: 3

no video display

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-04-10 03:58:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
So, got a bunch of these units for a business
having massive issues with Windows updates on most all of the them (24 units)
very slow / over 24 hours to complete........
having a problem with one specifically where the update was frozen on 99% for almost 2 days (over weekend was left on to complete) but didn't
so, rebooted it as there is no other option however, now on boot up there is no display to either HDMI port or VGA
no options to get into a BIOS , nothing
monitor goes to sleep mode as soon as its turned on

I noticed there is a reset button but have no clue how it works or what needs to be done to hard reset it back to factory
or if it just as dud reset button.....
tried all the methods mentioned for other boxes hoping something would work but , nothing..........
seems like the box is bricked...
any assistance on proper factory reset i can do on this .... or how to get it to boot to  see video

thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-04-10 23:33:05 | Show all posts
Edited by BobSmith8768 at 2018-04-11 10:53

The pinhole reset is supposed to work. I almost had to do mine but luckily my updates eventually installed on my M1.

There isn't much documentation but I found a vendor webpage for the Beelink AP34--almost identical to M1. Go to the banggood.co_m website, search for AP34.

In Specifications toward the bottom of the product page look for "Reset". They give basic instructions. Use a straightened paperclip and press the button, let the unit do its thing.

Just wanted to add: In some hardware with reset holes you have to hold the button in for 10-20 seconds before releasing. I have no idea if this is the case w/M1 but if it doesn't factory reset with a brief press and release, it probably wouldn't hurt to hold it 10 seconds before releasing.

To get into BIOS on my M1 press Del key over and over as it boots up.

Hopefully it will work.

Good luck!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-07-24 17:03:51 | Show all posts
Edited by jollysalvado at 2018-07-24 17:07

I have the same problem with SwipertheF0x. My unit has no display(tried both vga and hdmi), and seems can't even power my keyboard(so no access to bios). I have tried all manner of pressing the reset button(holding or short pressing it with or without power). My question is, if this problem is indeed windows 10 update's fault, can I reformat or reset the unit(preferebly using the reset button correctly, or otherwise)? I plan to install deepfreeze on this after getting it running again to avoid this BS from windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2018-07-26 09:46:58 | Show all posts
hello friends
If you encounter an unsolvable problem
Please send an email to Beelink Service email: beelink service@bee-link.com
Non-human damage can also apply for a refund
best regards