View: 3190|Reply: 1

Plex playback sound over HDMI issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-03-14 11:16:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
Please help: I have a problem with my GS1 and Plex: for videos with multichannel audio (movies, TV shows) streamed from my server video just skips like in fast forward mode and sound stutters. I have it connected directly to TV via HDMI. TV plays the sound. In Android settings sound is configured as HDMI, passthrough is disabled. Kodi plays everything just fine (audio set to 2 channels in Kodi settings). If I set passthrough ON, then suddenly Plex plays just fine but the sound I hear is only from surround channels (no center channel, no speech etc.).
My old $25 Android box plays Plex with same settings just fine. Other devices play Plex from same server just fine. There is something about GS1 that doesn't work with Plex. I tried all kinds of settings in Plex (passthrough, different limits etc.) - only when I force videos to transcode at 480p 2Mbps (awful quality) the sound plays normally (I guess it forces stereo), but any decent settings - garbled playback at 16x speed jumping all around.

Anyone knows how to fix that or any workarounds? I think the goal is to actually force 2.0 channels over HDMI, not let it pass through 5.1 - but there is no setting for that! Maybe an app? Not sure...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-03-14 22:12:18 | Show all posts
Also, in Kodi there is very slight audio delay. Not very noticeable but audio is definitely late, you can see by the lips of actors compared to other players that play OK.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list