View: 2837|Reply: 2

MINI MXIII II Kodi movies very dark

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 01:10:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just got my MINI MXIII II, i updated the kodi version (and for some reason it's been renamed to Qodi - with a Q). The box itself performs very well, the only issue i have (which is a big one) is that movies are extremely dark. Well to be more precise dark scenes are very VERY dark, to the point where nothing is noticeable. Normal scenes look decent although i can still tell that they're darker than unsual.
Even when im browsing my addons in KODI everything looks quite a bit dark. I installed my old TV box on the same TV and the colors looked perfect, i'm using confluence for both tv box's.

I've noticed a few other people have had this problem aswell, is it something that i can fix myself or is it this something related to the current KODI firmware?

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-03-08 01:23:22 | Show all posts
Someone on another thread replied:

"Try playing 4K video files before anything else. I automate mine on the start of the box to play short 4k video file since the issue is persistent on every reboot."

Seems like this is a workaround for this bug, i have no idea how to play 4K movies tho. What app do i have to do this from?

That being said firmware fix for this bug would be much appreciated.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-03-08 10:42:57 | Show all posts
When playing any movie in Kodi bottom right there is a movie reel icon pick it, you will see brightness setting try different numbers I like 55%.  After that go back one you will be back to the first menu go all the way down and pick apply to all media.  Bam done.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list